AKELA Incorporated is a locally owned, Santa Barbara based developer and manufacturer of radar systems and equipment for defense, law enforcement, and security applications. A small business with an emphasis on manufacturing high quality systems and equipment that fulfill unique and challenging customer requirements, AKELA provides a team-focused, positive work environment where individual contributions are recognized and rewarded. Our systems range from hand-held self-contained sensors to large vehicle mounted MIMO arrays. We are embarking on new projects building on our core technologies, and we are seeking experienced engineers as we grow and expand our capabilities.
AKELA offers professional development and growth opportunities for self-motivated individuals who are interested in taking on new challenges and enhancing their skills. We are looking for results-driven engineers who are able to work independently or as part of a small team, have proven track records of successful design and problem solving skills, and are available to travel for system field tests at remote U.S. locations. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package, including bonuses, healthcare coverage, a pension plan, flexible schedules, paid time off, and a casual office environment.
If you are interested in the following opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELECTRONIC DESIGN ENGINEER
The successful candidate will be part of a team contributing to radar system design and be directly responsible for circuit design of subsystems from start to finish, including circuit design and analysis, schematic capture, circuit board layout, system integration, test and troubleshooting, performance verification/analysis, and field testing.
· BS/MS in electrical engineering or related field with 5+ years of industry experience; DoD experience a plus
· Experience in analog circuit design DC to IF
· Digital circuit and interface design experience supporting RF electronics
· Understanding of high speed digital measurement techniques
· Understanding of analog and high frequency measurement techniques
· Familiarity with test instruments, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and spectrum and network analyzers
· Experience in SPICE modeling and simulation
· Experience in schematic entry
· Experience in Printed Circuit Board layout
· Experience in prototype development, troubleshooting, characterization, and evaluation
· Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop and implement effective solutions
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with others
· Experience leading technical teams and projects
· U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance
· RF and FPGA design experience desirable