AKELA Incorporated is a locally owned, Santa Barbara based developer and manufacturer of radar systems and equipment for defense, law enforcement, and security applications. A small business with an emphasis on manufacturing high quality systems and equipment that fulfill unique and challenging customer requirements, AKELA provides a team-focused, positive work environment where individual contributions are recognized and rewarded. Our systems range from hand-held self-contained sensors to large vehicle mounted MIMO arrays. We are embarking on new projects building on our core technologies, and we are seeking experienced engineers as we grow and expand our capabilities.
AKELA offers professional development and growth opportunities for self-motivated individuals who are interested in taking on new challenges and enhancing their skills. We are looking for results-driven engineers who are able to work independently or as part of a small team, have proven track records of successful design and problem solving skills, and are available to travel for system field tests at remote U.S. locations. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package, including bonuses, healthcare coverage, a pension plan, flexible schedules, paid time off, and a casual office environment.
If you are interested in the following opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
SOFTWARE DESIGN ENGINEER
The successful candidate will be part of a team contributing to radar system design and will be directly responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of supporting software. The position requires a broad practical knowledge of software development, integration, and validation practices. Applicants selected for interview must be prepared to discuss architectural issues, with special emphasis placed on high speed asynchronous systems and multi threaded applications. In addition, demonstrations of previous software accomplishments are welcome as well as an opportunity to see source code.
· BS/MS in engineering, physics, math, or related discipline with 5+ years of industry experience; DoD experience in an R&D environment a plus
· Experience configuring and controlling asynchronous hardware
· Familiarity with UDP Ethernet communications
· Experience in data collection and reduction
· Experience in scientific applications, especially in fields related to image creation and analysis
· Experience developing GUI interfaces for display and manipulation of 2D and 3D data
· Proven track record of taking direct responsibility for design, implementation, and delivery of complete software application or product, including setting goals and meeting deadlines
· Experience in prototype development, troubleshooting, characterization, and evaluation
· Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop and implement effective solutions
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with others
· Experience leading technical teams and projects
· U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance