The AKELA AQR-530 is a dual linear polarization, wide band antenna suitable for radar, EMC/EMI, compliance testing, and ultra-wideband applications. Its light weight, rugged, high performance design makes it ideal for using in the field.
– Frequency range: 500 MHz – 3 GHz
– Horizontal and vertical polarization
– RF input power: up to 50 W peak
– Weight with mount: 17 lbs
– Impedance: 50 ohms
– Return loss: 10 dB typical
– Front to back ratio: 15 dB typical
– Cross polarization isolation: > 20 dB typical
– Excellent gain over entire range, 12 dB typical at 2 GHz
– Elevation adjustable in 2.5° increments, +/- 22.5° from boresite
– Field replaceable SMA female connectors
The AKELA AQR-530 has been field-tested in extremely challenging conditions. Here, two AQR-530 antennas are being used together with an AKELA AVMU for ice thickness measurement via ground penetrating radar.